Santoprene thermoplastic rubber is a family of high performance elastomers which successfully combine characteristics of vulcanized rubber, such as flexibility and low compression set, with the processing ease of thermoplastics. Fully vulcanized EPDM rubber particle in a thermoplastic matrix of Polypropylene (PP). Santoprene thermoplastic rubber grades are proprietary products of Advanced Elastomer Systems, a subsidiary of Exxon-Mobil. Santoprene is EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) compliant. It is available in a smooth top and a block surface design. Santoprene must be considered when a highly sophisticated rubber sheet is needed, especially for automotive applications.
California residents: see ┬á Proposition 65 information
- Thermoplastic rubber with minimum tensile stress at 100% - 300 psi
- Santoprene sheet is a thermoplastic elastomer with a durometer of 55-74
- Ideal for use as thermoplastic gaskets and seals due to good chemical resistance
- Santoprene is a fully vulcanized EPDM rubber particle in a thermoplastic matrix of PP
- Santoprene rubber sheets are used in applications that require complex and sophisticated rubbers
- Thermoplastic rubber has a slow burn rate